Do you guys want to know a really easy way to feel like you’re ‘cheating’ on Paleo and indulging in something sweet and delicious for breakfast? Look no further than this Paleo Banana Bread! It’s another one of those recipes where Nick tried it and thought it was absolutely delicious…then he found out it was Paleo and was totally shocked! So I can assure you that this recipe is not ‘good-for-being-Paleo’, it’s just freaking delicious in general, even if you aren’t on the Paleo diet! They key is letting your bananas get super ripe, to the point where they are almost mushy. Then you won’t need to add any extra sweeteners because the fruit itself will be perfectly sweet!
But anyways, let’s get to the recipe, shall we?!
- 3 super ripe bananas
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tbs melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbs chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan (can use butter or coconut oil, just slather it on real good so nothing sticks!)
- 2. Peel your bananas and throw them into your handy, dandy Kitchen Aid Mixer (don’t have one? No worries, you’ll just mix everything by hand and get in a good, old arm workout!). Turn your mixer on (or get that arm cranking!) and puree until pretty darn smooth
- 3.Add in the vanilla extract and 3 eggs and mix into the bananas
- 4. Slowly stream in the melted butter while your mixer is on and then blend in the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- 5. With your mixer on low, slowly begin to incorporate the almond flour, arrowroot and coconut flours. Turn the mixer speed up once the flours are incorporated and blend it all together until the batter is nice and smooth. At this point I like to taste test it to make sure that all of the spices are to my liking! If not, just add more of whatever you’re little heart desires!
- 6.Using a spatula, stir in the chia seeds and chopped walnuts.
- 7. Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 50-60 minutes. I like to start checking mine after 45 minutes; just stick a toothpick in the center and it should come out clean.