Oooooooh, guys, I’m EXCITED about this recipe! It was exactly what I was looking for when I thought it up and I just couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. It tastes like summer…and honestly, I will be making this several times in the summer as well. The bruschetta flavors are so classic and bright…I’m a tad bit obsessed!
But my absolute FAVORITE part of this meal? Using zoodles (you know, zucchini noodles) to make this feel like you’re getting an absolutely ginormous serving of pasta in this dish. Y’all may or may not know by now that I am a tad bit obsessed with pasta. Like, obsessed. I could never give up pasta, which is why I’m so thrilled that the 21 Day Fix still let’s me eat it. I truly believe that when you’re eating healthy, you should never eliminate full food groups (ahem, carbs!). It is all about portion control and knowing that you’re eating in the proper ratios, aka lots of veggies and fruits, plenty of protein and just the right amount of carbs & healthy fats! For me, the 21 Day Fix has taught me so much about eating right and eating just the right amounts so that my tummy always feels satisfied and I don’t ever get the feeling that I’m ‘missing out’ on anything! I mean, after all, food is pretty much life for all of us foodies! And this particular recipe is going to count as 1 yellow (pasta), 1 red (chicken), 1.5 green (veggies).
Getting back on track to this amazing pasta though…did I mention that it’s amazing? Because it seriously is! We topped ours with grilled chicken and it was amazing. But you could top it with pretty much anything and it would taste incredible. But the idea I have in mind that I want to try is topping this pasta with some seared scallops. Or salmon. Yup. Both of those would be amazing!
So much goodness in one dish though! And it filled both my and Nick’s tummies up and made us very happy little campers! Nick even said ‘you need to make this again soon’, which he knows not to say unless he reaaaally loves something, because I rarely ever make the same recipe twice! You know, because I always need to be creating new recipes to share with you! And speaking of new recipes, let’s get ya this one!
- 2 (4 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1 cup cooked spaghetti
- 2 cups zucchini 'noodles' (1 zucchini)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3-5 leaves basil, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt & pepper
- Preheat grill. Rub chicken with oil and season with salt & pepper. Grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. In a bowl, mix together the tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, basil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add cooked spaghetti & zucchini noodles to the boiling water and cook for 1 minute (or until heated through) and then drain. Return noodles and zoodles to the pot and stir in the tomato bruschetta mixture. Toss to combine.
- Transfer noodles & veggies to a plate or bowl and top with sliced, cooked chicken.
- *Optional: Top with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese